Tool kit to be used as navigational aid in small and medium-length boats. It can be installed as a Raspberry OS disk image or by parts on your favourite Debian-based Linux distribution. We offer some Raspberry OS images with the most used applications installed and configured but you can also customize your image with the OpenPlotter À la Carte tool.
- Chart Plotter - Chart a course and track your position using OpenCPN, a concise and robust chart plotter navigation software designed to be used at the helm station of your boat while underway. You can also run AvNav as server to have a chart plotter in any device remotely connected to it using a web browser.
- Weather - Download and display GRIB files using XyGrib.
- NMEA 0183 - Connect your NMEA 0183 devices to receive and send data.
- NMEA 2000 - Connect your NMEA 2000 network to receive and send data.
- Seatalk1 - Connect your old Seatalk1 network to receive data.
- Signal K - The free and open source universal marine data exchange format.
- Access point - Share data with laptops, tablets, phones…
- Headless - You can connect OpenPlotter to any HDMI monitor and/or access to OpenPlotter desktop from the cockpit through your mobile devices.
- Dashboards - Customize your instrument panels to visualize data or create charts to see its evolution.
- AIS - Build open source AIS receivers/transmitters.
- Compass - Get magnetic heading, heel and trim using cheap Inertial Measurement Units (IMU).
- Autopilot - Full pypilot integration.
- Sensors - Easily connect all kinds of sensors (temperature, pressure, humidity, voltage, current, luminance, tank level, RPM, doors…)
- Notifications - Set thresholds for any parameter to trigger visual and sound notifications or trigger multiple custom actions.
- IoT - Monitor what happens on your boat when you are not there or activate devices remotely.