This forum uses cookies
This forum makes use of cookies to store your login information if you are registered, and your last visit if you are not. Cookies are small text documents stored on your computer; the cookies set by this forum can only be used on this website and pose no security risk. Cookies on this forum also track the specific topics you have read and when you last read them. Please confirm whether you accept or reject these cookies being set.

A cookie will be stored in your browser regardless of choice to prevent you being asked this question again. You will be able to change your cookie settings at any time using the link in the footer.

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding MPU9250 OP 2 beta
(12-27-2019, 08:24 AM)ddelorme Wrote:
(12-26-2019, 11:15 AM)Ranur Wrote: I'm stuck here as well have a basic question. Do the MPU-9250 need to attached directly to the Rpi OR can I attach it to a ESP8266 and transfer the data over signal K? this is possible - GREAT! And if so - how?! Right now I think I have attached it in the I2C setup, but it does not show up as detected in pypilot.

It gets set up in Pypilot and no i would not have it connected via wifi ie esp32 or esp8266. I just set my up on rpi4 Pypilot saw the mpu.

Question was more related ro possibility rather than preference. I am wondering if it is POSSIBLE to connect the MPU to an esp8266 and still get valid yaw/roll//pitch sent via signal K to OP.
it need's to be connected on the i2c bus of the machine thats running pypilot.
pypilot controls it basically i read somewhere that theirs to much lag trying to do it wireless
mare liberum
(12-29-2019, 09:53 AM)jim321 Wrote: it need's to be connected on the i2c bus of the machine thats running pypilot.
pypilot controls it basically i read somewhere that theirs to much lag trying to do it wireless

Thanks for the clarification Jim!
Still playing around with this. Disconnected from esp8266 and connected directly tog GPIO on Pi. Pypilot can är aand calibrate, but the 9250 doesn't show up in I2C and I guess that's why I can not get yaw, roll, and pitch as Signal K data. Any pointers?

EDIT:
By adding the info from the Pypilot installera and adding a UDP connection to signal k it seems to be working. Is this the proper way of am I duplicating Signal K data now?